29/12/2013

Catching Fire: Book Review

Title: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Series: The Hunger Games Trilogy
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Genres: Dystopian, Adventure, Action
Source: Bought by me

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games. She and fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, 
she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol — a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create. 

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she’s afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her more is that she’s not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol’s cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can’t prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.




Hey you!
Did you have a good Christmas? I know I did for sure! So it's another book review today, yay!

Again, I'm about ten gazillion years late, but I've finished reading Catching Fire! Go me! That's one more to tick off my reading bucket list!

To be honest, I think I enjoyed this book more than the first one. Suzanne Collins is an amazing author; this book is written in a way in which you feel as if you are actually there!

To be completely honest, I was a bit bored at the beginning. There was a lot of politics being talked about, and I just started to get a bit confused and a bit bored. But there was a plot  twist that I was not expecting, and that was when it got a LOT better. 

This book is quite fast-paced, once you get past the first few chapters, and you really get to connect with Katniss. You also learn a lot more about The Hunger Games as an event, which is really well thought out on the author's part.

I just think that this book is brilliant and I really recommend it.

Eden xxx

PS, I just got Instagram so follow me! @edenroses

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read the books , but i saw the movie and it was amazing !!

    NovembreBeaute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...