12/01/2014

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: Book Review

Title: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
Author: Suzanne Collins
Series: The Hunger Games Trilogy
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Genres: Dystopian, Adventure, Action
Source: Bought by me


"If we burn, you burn with us"

Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But she's still not safe. A revolution is unfolding, and everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans - everyone except Katniss.

and yet she must pplay the most vital part in the final battle. Katniss must become their Mockingjay - the symbol of rebellion - no matter what the personal cost. 

THE MIND BLOWING CONCLUSION TO THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY







Hey beautiful!

As you can probably tell, I've just finished reading Mockingjay, the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy. And I loved it. 

I feel like I've been through a journey with Katniss. From the start, when she was chosen for her very first Hunger Games, to the middle, when she was chosen for her second, until now, when she plays a part in the takedown of the Capitol. 

This book is filled with suspense, thrill, triumph and at some parts, confusion. It is one of those books where you struggle to find an appropriate place to put it down, the end of each chapter leaves you on a cliffhanger which you absolutely must read on to satisfy your craving for more. It is gripping, thrilling and occasionally emotional. 

Through the voice of Katniss, we are taken through the rebellion of the districts of Panem, a revolution sparked by herself. She must act as the "mockingjay," the one who drives on all of the people of Panem. 
However, many obstacles stand in the way of the rebels, before they can capture and kill the president. Katniss goes through an emotional and exciting journey with the rebels, on her way to overthrow the Capitol. 

I don't want to give away too much about the ending, but I will say that it is beautiful yet unexpected. No too much tradgedy, so there won't be too many tears. Although I'll admit that I cried a tear or two at some parts. 

Anyway, that's one more book crossed off my reading bucket list! Have you read it?

Lots of love, 

Eden xx

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're doing book reviews :) I do them too. Not many beauty bloggers do things like this!
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, why thank you! I do try to just blog about whatever's on my mind, and not focus on one particular thing!

      Delete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...