13/01/2014

Quick Tips for Eating Clean


So it's recently been the new year, which means a load of new year's resolutions. And one of the most common resolutions are to eat clean. 

I know it can be hard to eat clean, I've been trying to do it for ages and just never found the motivation to carry on with it, there's always the biscuit tin that tempts me. But by following these tips, I've managed to do a lot better than before. Now, my whole family are eating a lot cleaner than we did before.

So what are these miracle tips? Well here they are:

  1. Cut back on anything fried, sugary or processed 
  2. Eat lean proteins - try to cut the fat off the meat you eat. Chicken breast is better than chicken thigh
  3. Avoid refined foods such as white sugar (found in "unhealthy food), oils and some grains
  4. Eat LOTS of vegetables
  5. Eat fruit in moderation
  6. Instead of eating biscuits to satisfy those fatty cravings, try nuts. They're often called "healthy fats"
  7. Drink mostly water
  8. Try to avoid fizzy drinks and fruit juices especially (I write with a glass of apple juice in my hand. However this leads me onto the final tip)
  9. Don't try and eat clean 100% of the time. Eventually you will give into your cravings and it might turn out badly. Just try and eat clean 80-90% of the time. 
I hope this helps you to achieve your new year's resolution,  but seriously, eating clean does not mean eating less. Just don't eat too much of that sugary stuff. 

Much love,
Eden xx



10 comments:

  1. Excellent advice and tips :) really helps as my 2014 goal was to stop eating as much chocolate and cut down my intake of sugar :) you must have put a lot of effort into this and enjoyed reading! x
    x
    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've done a lot of research of this and I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. lovely tips, thanks for sharing! i'm trying to cut down on chocolate and unnecessary sugar

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I find that the hardest part!

      Delete
  3. What helps me is eating often and small portions - that way I'm always full and don't have hunger attacks. ;)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've found that it works, but I can never keep that up during school! x

      Delete
  4. I'm trying to do this at the moment and it's so hard! haha x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's harder than it seems!

      Delete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...