16/02/2014

DIY Makeup Brush Storage


You know when you have those jars of jam or marmalade that are never going to get finished, but will stay in the fridge until they reach their use by date? Well I've found a way to use them that is great for organisation.


It's actually super easy, so I'm going to make this quite quick. 

You will need:
  • A jar
  • Liquid glue
  • Glitter
You probably have all of this stuff around your house already, I know I did. So let's get started!



Step 1: Using a bit of glue on some tissue, rub the inside of the jar with glue. It's a bit tricky to get right to the bottom, but don't worry about that. The glitter will stick to it anyway. Be sure to not use too much glue, or else you'll get a pool, and we don't want that do we?


Step 2: Pour in some glitter, screw the lid on and shake it baby. I recommend listening to Shake it by Metro Station while doing this. You'll get a really good arm workout!

Step three: Leave it to dry. Personally, I think you should leave it to dry overnight, but whatever works for you. It depends how much glitter you want!

Step 4: Wash it out with warm water to get rid of all the excess glitter, and voila! Your makeup brush jar is complete!

I hope you liked this, seeing as it's my first ever DIY. I've got another one planned for soon, involving SEWING so get your needles out kids!




Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


5 comments:

  1. Cute DIY! I shall keep an eye for your next ones! btw OMG METRO STATION! Brings me back so many memories! xx
    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! ah metro station eh?

      Delete
  2. This sounds so great! And I love metro station too! Great post :)

    AJ | www.TheAJMinute.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good diy, and the glitter just top it off!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...