20/02/2014

The 1975: Album Review


The hype around this album has been massive. After hearing the first few singles from this album: Chocolate, The City, Sex and Girls, I was super excited for this album.


So, what can I say about this album? The first time that I listened to it all the way through, I didn't like it. I'm going to be brutally honest here and say that I was disappointed with it. The rest of the album is not like the first few singles, and was not what I was expecting. 

**HOWEVER**

After listening to it a few times through, it grew on me quite a lot. Settle Down has been released as a single now, and because I'm hearing it so often on the radio, it has become one of my favourite songs.  It's so catchy and upbeat, and the more I think about it, the more I realise that it's similar to the 1975 that I fell in love with. 

My favourite songs from the album are Heart Out and She Way Out. Heart Out is amazing. I love the drum beat that goes with it, and the little jazz bit at the end just makes it so amazing to listen to. She Way Out, I just love, because of the chorus. It's one of those things where you just can't help but sing along to. 

Throughout this entire album, you are treated to Matty Healy's gorgeous voice. Especially in Is There Somebody Who Can Watch You, you can just hear the emotion in his voice, and it's just a perfect song. 

Then, of course, you have the singles. If you haven't heard of the 1975, I recommend that you listen to these songs first. Girls is just the best song. It's so upbeat and boppy, if that's the right word. It's the perfect feel-good jam. Chocolate was the first song I heard from the 1975, and it just hooked me. I was obsessed with this song when it came out. Again, its just a song to make you feel happy. Sex and The City are the two other main singles that were released, and, in my opinion,  they aren't as good as the other two, yet I can't say that they aren't good. I prefer the slowed down version of Sex, as they performed in the Radio 1 livelounge. 

Overall, I'm actually pretty happy with this album. Although it's not what I expected it to be, it's grown on me over the few weeks I've owned it, and actually, it's a very chill, indie album. 

Have you bought the 1975's album? What did you think of it?




Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


6 comments:

  1. I enjoy The 1975 a lot, their music is nice and I also like their album! They're coming here in Summer so I may go see them!! xx
    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 1975! At first i hated the music but now i've grown to LOVE them! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I've nominated you for a Liebster blog award! For more information, click here

    Cathy // helllo, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like The 1975. They were performing over here last week and I was so annoyed that I couldn't get tickets!

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...