24/02/2014

The Body Shop Tea Tree Range // Review


For Christmas, I received this Body Shop tea tree oil set, and I've been using it ever since. I just can't get enough




First up is the Foaming Cleanser: Normally I'm not a massive fan of foaming cleansers, because my face just doesn't feel clean after using them. I'm normally an exfoliate kind of gal. But after reading a tip somewhere (I can't actually remeber where though) that when using a cleanser, you should leave it on your face for a few minutes before rinsing, to give it its full effect, I decided to give it a go. Although my face didn't feel clean after using it, it must have worked because after about a week my skin was looking clearer. It's such a light foam, and the pump makes sure that you get the perfect amount, so you don't waste any. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the cleanser


Next up is the Toner: I've been a toner gal for as long as I can remember, I just find that it makes my skin feel so much cleaner and healthier. This toner has a gorgeous smell, which is kind of a mix between tea tree and lemon, and it's amazing. It's very smooth to put on, which I love, and definitely, as it says on the packaging, leaves my skin mattified. As I suffer with oily skin, this was a part of the product that I was desperately hoping would work, and it did! So I'm happy. My skin felt so smooth after using this, and it feels much clearer than before. The only problem I would say with this is that you have to shake it up to activate it, which wouldn't normally be a problem, except for the fact that there is a lot of "debris" (shall we call it) stuck to the bottom that you need to shake up to mix it in. It takes quite a while, and in my busy morning schedule, I dislike. Overall, however, I'm pretty happy with it!


Finally we come to the Lotion: I'm a sucker for a good moisturiser, especially if it claims to clear the skin! So I was bouncing off the walls when I got this! It has a lovely texture and is so nice to apply. With this, a little bit goes a long way, and it glides on like a dream. I do find that this has a significant impact on the look of my skin, however I just find that I cannot use it during the day. I just find that it makes my skin feel really dry and tight. Even though I say this, I still think that it works really well at what it says it should do, which gives clearer looking skin, however hydration wise, I would give in a 5/10. Shine control, however, is absolutely brilliant. It is a shame that I can't wear it during the day, but during the night is good enough for me!

With these products, I find that it's gentler on the skin to use them once a day, instead of morning and night, as often, the skin cannot handle so many chemicals so often. So I tend to use the cleanser and the lotion in the night, before I go to bed, and the toner in the morning, to combat the shine. 

Overall I'm really happy with these products. They've really helped to clear up my skin, which is exactly what they are supposed to do. There are only a few irks here and there, but in total, I really enjoy using these! 

Repurchase: Cleanser: YES
Toner: YES
Lotion: MAYBE


Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


6 comments:

  1. I've just reviewed some products from the range recently and I totally agree with your reviews :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to check out your review! x

      Delete
  2. That sounds really nice maybe I should try these products out :)

    http://yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just nominated you for an award!
    http://imaginationistheweponagainstreality.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great. I have never tried any of the tea tree range but I shall give it a go :) xxx

    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...