26/03/2014

Allegiant by Veronica Roth // book review

Title: Allegiant
Author: Veronica Roth
Series: Divergent series, Book 3
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Suspense
Published: 22nd October 2013
Source: For Review*
Links: amazon // goodreads // youtube



The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. 

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love. [from goodreads]


In the aftermath of the intense battle which took place in the last book, the faction system of the city is in ruin. The loyal factionists are shunned, yet there is no one around who agrees with the policies of their new leader. So when Tris is confronted by a rebel group who go by the name of the Allegiant about leaving the city, she jumps at the chance. But what Tris finds out on the outside will change her life forever.

The final installment of the Divergent series is thrilling and a book which captured my attention throughout most of it. You know a book is great when you feel nervous for the characters. That's what I felt during this book.
The way the characters develop in this book is so perfectly done. We see a much much softer side of Tobias, which changed my opinion of him altogether. We also see a completely different side to Tris, one where she isn't dependent on Tobias. She is finally portrayed as a completely independent young woman, and I don't know about you, but I LOVE how this has happened. It just goes to show that not all strong female characters have to be alone all of the time. Tris has had Tobias supporting her for most of the trilogy, and only in this book can we see how she copes without his support for a while. And she's still one of the strongest book characters I have ever encountered.

This book mainly centres around the outside of the city, which I love. It's one of those things that had been sitting at the back of my mind, and I couldn't get my head around, until reading this book, and believe me, you will be surprised at what you find out.
In this book, I especially love the relationship that develops between Tris and her brother Caleb. She has conflicted feelings and we see her love emerge out on top, despite the feelings of betrayal. It is the ultimate siblingship, and I love it!

The dual perspective which this story is told in makes it a much more thrilling read. We are finally in the mind of Tobias, and it makes the entire book make a lot more sense. I feel like in the previous book, I could have understood it more, but I guess this makes Allegiant more unique than the rest, and even more worth reading.

Without giving too much away, I can tell you that what happened at the end was shocking and unexpected but still was written so perfectly it seemed as if it was what was supposed to happen, even though, in my opinion, it shouldn't.

Overall, I absolutely LOVED Allegiant. It was written in such way that I just couldn't stop reading it.


Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks

*thank you to the lovely people at the HarperCollins for sending me this book to review


2 comments:

  1. See all update of world great actress Angelina Jolie On http://guruofmovie.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although Allegiant was my least favorite book out of this wonderful series I still loved it! I was surrounded with many tissues in last 50 pages. Loved this review and I agree with the 'What happened at the end was shocking and unexpected!'.
    bookbonanzablog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...