15/04/2014

Nivea Eye Makeup Remover // beauty review


I always seem to be on the hunt for a good makeup remover. I'm yet to try the highly appreciated micellar waters, but that's next up on my list!

So this is the Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover from Nivea. I've never really had a real opinion on Nivea products, because it's not a large part of my skincare routine. This is the first time I've really paid attention to my use of one of their products.

This is one of those eye makeup removers where you have two liquids that you need to shake up to get them to mix. I always love when a makeup remover does that, don't ask my why, I just love to watch them separate, I find it so calming. This one separates really quickly, and when I say really quickly, I mean in like 2 seconds quick. In general, this isn't too much of a problem, but I guess it's a bit annoying.

As for the actual makeup remover, I think it does it's job pretty well. It practically dissolved the makeup on my face. And when I got it in my eye (you know it happens) it didn't even hurt, so it's perfect for those who are a bit messy, like me. It works really well on mascara, you know how that can be such a pain to get off. But yes.

There are a few problems that I found while using this, however. You do need to use quite a lot of the product in order to get done what you need to get done, if you catch my drift. The problem was that it takes a long time to remove. Yes, it dissolves the makeup off of my eyes, but in layers. For some, that's probably not a problem, but for those on a very tight budget, this may not be for you. I also found that it left a really oily residue underneath my eyes. This was to be expected, to be honest. I've found that it's the same with all dual power liquid makeup removers. Because it's only under they eyes, I didn't find it to bad, and it came off after a quick wash of the face.

Overall, I did quite enjoy using the Nivea Makeup Remover, and I'll definitely continue using it until it runs out, but once that happens, I don't think it'll be a repurchase. It was the amount I had to use that sealed the deal. But oh well.

What makeup removers do you recommend?

Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


16 comments:

  1. hey there! i just started today and was wondering if you could check out my blog. it would be amazing if you did thanks!
    Blog: www.geekstaychic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review x
    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I like when the remover have 2 liquids too ^^. Thanks for sharing! X

    http://trend-mae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bio-phase products like this, and this is supposedly a great dupe for the Clarins equivalent xx
    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. love!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this in a shop recently and I nearly bought it! I'm after a new makeup remover at the moment so I'll have to have a look at this one! xx


    www.ohpinkcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been loving using oil as makeup remover

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tried but I admit I was tempted...
    Do you have to shake it a lot so maybe the two sides start matching...?
    Xxx
    Lorna
    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's ok because you don't have to shake it too much, but you do a little.
      x

      Delete
  9. Great post, most things I've tried to get eye makeup off don't get it all off so it was great reading this. Sometimes I wonder to myself if I've put on eye makeup or a temporary tattoo! Also, vaseline works great :)
    Lovely post & love your blog!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete


  10. Interesting post to read! Read my new post about wedding details - http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2014/04/4-creme-brulee.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sound of this as it seems a bit more gentle than some others I have used.
    Lovely post :)
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just browsing and came upon your blog - had to follow! Lovely blog with interesting reviews :) Best Wishes x

    http://benishkhan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review! I usually use Lancôme Bi-Facil as my makeup remover, but I think I'll have to give this a try as a less pricey alternative... Thanks for sharing! x

    http://stylerehearsal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen your blog and I love to do visit on daily basis. I got so many useful thinks which will be helpful for my blog http://guruofmovie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...