16/04/2014

Taming of the Tights by Louise Rennison // book review


Title: The Taming of the Tights
Author: Louise Rennison
Series: Misadventures of Tallulah Casey #3
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Genres: YA, Humour
Published: July 4th 2013
Source: For Review*
Links; amazon // goodreads

Tallulah Casey is putting all thoughts of wild boy Cain behind her. He is literally an animal in trousers… oo-er.  Not like nice boy Charlie (who she’s totally not thinking about either). The Tree Sisters are chasing those golden slippers of applause at performing arts college but Dr Lightowler seems hell-bent on spoiling everything for Tallulah. And with all her mates loved up, can Tallulah resist the call of her wild boy?

I'm so sad that this is the last book in the series, I mean it's such a wonderful series. Louise Rennison is just an amazing author with a flair for creating such loveable characters!

So in this book of the series, Tallulah is back at Dother Hall, and things are great. Except for the fact that the school is running out of money. But to fix this, Ms Sidone Beaver, headmistress, decides to put on a show in the woods for the whole village! How wonderful! But not for Tallulah. The dreaded Dr Lightowler is onto her again.

This book, although not my favourite from the series, is absolutely brilliant. There is a completely new perspective on Cain that we see (and which I fall in love with) and Charlie as well. Obviously the much loved Tree Sisters are just hilarious and amazing, as usual, and typically, the Dobbins' are crazy.

This book made me so happy at the end, but I don't want to tell you what happened because it would give away the entire book, but just know that it was NOT what I was expecting.
My favourite part of this book was the Flossie-Seth relationship. It was so true to life, with the jealousy to increase attraction thing going on. I loved it.

In my opinion, this book is so cringy, but in the best way, you know what I mean. Every time Tallulah does something embarrassing, I inwardly cringe, while outwardly laughing. It reminds me so much of my younger self, it's unbelievable. And it also reminds me so much of my friends, so I can't help but love it. Just like all of Louise Rennison's characters, Tallulah is so true to life.

All in all, The Taming Of The Tights was an absolutely brilliant book. I enjoyed every page of it, and couldn't stop smiling throughout. I definitely recommend that you read the whole series, because it's a right laugh and I guarantee you'll smile at least ten times.




Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks

*thank you to HarperCollins Children's Books for sending me this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review

2 comments:

  1. I think I've only read the first two in the series, possibly three, so I'm definitely a long way behind! xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I love your blog due to nice contain and very useful article. I love to visit at your blog. Please help for my blog http://guruofmovie.blogspot.com My blog is related to world hottest celebrities. Hope you will help me.

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...