12/05/2014

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation // beauty


To be totally honest, I've never really been much of a foundation wearer, I tried a bit with BB creams, but in general, I prefer to go with just concealer. But I always find that the problem with wearing only concealer comes with the application of blush. It sticks to the concealer, leaving me with patches of blush all over my cheeks. And it looks bad. So I decided to pick this up, and have a go!



So first of all, the bottle. It's such a nice size and shape, and I just love the Rimmel logo on the lid. The bottle uses a pump to distribute the product, and in my opinion, it gives the perfect amount of product for my face. Like, when I say perfect, I mean absolutely perfect!

This foundation claims to be "Transfer proof. Hydrating and lightweight feel" I am definitely one to pick up brands on their claims, especially if they aren't correct, but for this product, it definitely lived up to it's claim on the bottle. 
It's my absolute worst nightmare to hug someone and leave foundation on their shirt. I've had it happen to me before, and it's awful. So I definitely appreciated the no transfer feature. Also, as someone who touches their face a lot,(it's a really bad habit, and terrible for my skin, I know) it's also really great! Countless times have I rubbed my face and school and then picked up a piece of paper, only to leave concealer stains all over it.

It's definitely hydrating, I've not suffered with dry skin since using it, but you have to bear in mind that I don't really suffer from dry skin in general. And they lightweight claim, I definitely agree with. Although, obviously, it feels heavier than what I'm used to, it's only really noticeable when I think about it. If you know what I mean.

But honestly, since beginning to wear this, I've had countless compliments on how flawless my skin looks (mainly from my sister, but that still counts!) This foundation manages to last me all day! I've not actually tried to wear it in the night, I haven't got much of a life atm but from what I've used, it seems like it would last all night as well! Not that I'm condoning leaving your makeup on all night. Take it off before you sleep. Everyone knows that!

The only problem I had with this foundation was that it made my skin, especially around my nose, look really oily. I'm not sure whether that was a product of my naturally oily skin, but it just seemed to look worse when I was wearing this product. Although it was nothing a generous helping of pressed powder couldn't help!

Yeah, so all in all, I really enjoyed my first proper foundation experience! I really wanted to to try the Wake Me Up foundation, but I couldn't find the tester for the colour that I thought fitted me, so I thought, better be safe than sorry, and chose this one!
But I guess that's the next one up on the list!

What are your favourite foundations?


Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


6 comments:

  1. Such a great review! Would love to try it but I'm afraid to have the same problem with oily skin! Thanks for sharing xx

    http://trend-mae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review! I love rimmel's wake me up x
    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of this foundation before but I love Rimmel foundations!! xx

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can anyone who reads this give me a visit and an honest opinion, posted on the latest post please? I need some advice, from a wide range of people! Here's the link:
    http://risingaffection.blogspot.com/
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've haven't tried many of the Rimmel foundations, but I do love Wake Me Up!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should definitely try out the wake me up foundation. We use it everyday and like how light and natural it is!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...