19/05/2014

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer // review


Being mixed race, I always find it quite difficult to find concealers and foundations which match my skin tone. Some of the best ones just don't have shades that are dark enough for me. So when I was browsing the Maybelline section at Superdrug, and saw this range of beauties, I just had to pick one up, and for £5.99, what a bargain!


This is one of the best concealers that I've used. Bearing in mind that in the past, I just used to use the ones in lipstick form, like the No. 7 Perfect Match concealer. So this is really my first time using a "liquid" concealer, and I am glad I tried it! 

The bottle for this is so sleek and professional, it makes a nice change to my usual bright coloured makeup. It also fits perfectly into the hand, which is great! The applicator is like a little sponge, like the ones you use for lipgloss. I really like it because you can apply as much as you need in one easy swipe, whereas with the lipstick ones, you need layers, which is annoying and uncomfortable. The only problem I have with this applicator is that it's really hard to get it off of the brush. Meaning that when you want to apply less than usual, you can't, because you can't alter the amount on the brush. It's not that bad though, because usually, the perfect amount is on the brush, so less isn't really needed. 


The coverage of this is really good. You only need a little bit, and you look practically flawless. It glide on so smoothly and blends really well, although occasionally, for me, it leaves me looking slightly orange. But only sometimes. The formula is really light, so you can't feel it on your face. I've had problems with that in the past, because I have oily skin, so this is great. Teamed up with powder, I can feel fresh all day! I say all day because this lasts so long! It even lasted me through a run. Yes, I got back looking less flawless than before, but it was still hanging on for dear life. And I appreciate that in a concealer, due to my "busy" life (that was a joke)

So yes. All in all, I love this product, and it would definitely be a repurchase for me!


Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


4 comments:

  1. great review! x
    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review of this, was tempted to buy it now I think I will! lovely blog too hun, just followed you on both GFC and bloglovin'! I'm over at trustinvogue.com - keep in touch! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do definitely recommend it! And thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my blog! You should try Mabelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer. A lot of professional artist raves about this!

    http://sbbeautydiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...