15/08/2014

HEALTH: Benefits of Drinking Green Tea


As some of you may know, I am becoming slightly obsessed with being healthy. I've been like this for a while, but recently it's become a bit of a hobby. Not so much where I refuse to eat anything sweet or unhealthy, but enough that I try to eat 5 a day every single day, and I've managed to convince my family to eat more vegetables, which was no mean feat. Because of this healthy streak in me, a few years ago, I swapped normal tea for green tea. At first, I didn't really like it, but after drinking it for a while, I can't get enough! And after reading up on the amazing health benefits it provides, I thought I just HAD to share it with you guys!


  • Green tea increases fat burning and boosts the metabolic rate:
This is probably the main reason why I'm not obese at the moment. I'm a terrible comfort eater, so I'm extremely glad of the fact that green tea can help me burn those calories quicker!
  • Green tea may lower your risk of type 2 diabetes
  • Green tea may reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease (heart disease)
  • Green tea can help you lose weight
  • Green tea contains LOTS of antioxidants
  • Green tea can reduce your cholesterol
  • Green tea contains amino acids which are thought to provide a relaxing effect that can help people with depression
  • Green tea can help reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging
Not relevant to me at the moment, but for the future. 

So anyway, if this doesn't inspire you to drink green tea, then I don't know what will. Sometimes , I don't even like the taste, I just think of the health benefits and I'm like !. If this did inspire you to start drinking it, I just buy mine from the supermarket, Tetley or PG Tips, and if I were you, I would drink it weak, as sometimes, it really doesn't taste too great. 

What are your favourite herbal teas?



Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


12 comments:

  1. I love green tea ways too much! It's safe to say that I am green tea's big fan! Though you should try out the Jasmine green tea! The taste is as much as green tea and it smells very nice! :)

    Thy N. | Ivory June |

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love green tea. I didn't like it at first but I've grown to love it now. Haha these days I try to eat healthily but convincing my family to join me has not been easy and they tempt me with all their junk food lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't drink tea very often, but when I do it's usually green tea. I should probably drink it more often now, knowing the health benefits!

    Abby xx
    www.absterdam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I began drinking green tea a few months ago along with eating better but I've really, um, 'let myself go' the past few weeks! I need to get back into my routine. Green tea is great and all but like you said it tastes awful at the beginning. I prefer peppermint and I used to drink chamomile tea (before I ran out of bags) at night and trained my mind to associate the taste with sleep.

    - Iona | littlecutouts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love green tea! I never knew it was so healthy, though, so that's a reason for me to continue drinking it! My favourite type has got to be peppermint, though, and I've started acquiring a taste for macha tea, too! :) I am also a horrible comfort eater... but oh, well. Hasn't done any damage so far.

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award (which you can view here)! Hope you can do it and looking forward to your post! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a good post - i adore green tea. it's the only tea i drink!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some RayBans and a beauty goodie bag worth £300 on my blog! click here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drink a green tea with peppermint by dragonfly and love it! It actually tastes good and not like normal green tea which I'm not a fan of - love some fruity teas as well :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love green tea too! Green tea with lemon is also lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love green tea and the health benefits are such a bonus! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love green tea and this post !!!!

    ~ Lu
    xx

    http://missluludarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT IF YOU ARE A MOVIE LOVER THEN YOU MUST CLICK ON http://www.guruofmovie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yumm love a good cup of tea! I am a bit guilty, but I do have to say I enjoy milk green tea (the sweetened unhealthy type) over plain tea. However, with my recently purchased loose tea steeper, I hope to be drinking some more healthy tea!

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...