15/09/2014

BEAUTY: Garnier Micellar Water Review


Guess who finally jumped on the micellar bandwagon? That's right, ya girl Eden! But if I'm completely honest, I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. This was definitely an impulse buy, seeing as literally every blogger everywhere was talking about how amazing this product was, and for such a good price (£4.99) I couldn't not. Bearing this in mind, I had quite high expectations for this product. As I do for most impulse buys. So let's get into the review, shall we?

The claims on this (sadly very simple looking) bottle are:
"Micellar Cleansing Water is an easy way to remove makeup, soothe and hydrate the face, eye area and lips in one step without rinsing or rubbing."

Let's start with the good. It's the best makeup remover I've ever used in terms of not leaving a residue. This is amazing in the way that there really is no need to wash your face after using this (though I still do) because it leaves absolutely no trace of the product on my face. I was amazed. My skin is usually oily enough (ugh) and with that, on top of the excess oil left by my makeup remover, my skin tended to break out. But this. Wow. I'm so impressed with that aspect.

I am also extremely impressed with the speed in which it removed my foundation/concealer/blush etc. Face makeup in a nutshell. Usually, with other products, I've found that I've needed 2-3 cotton wool pads to remove my foundation, whereas with this, I needed one. And only a tiny bit of the product itself as well. So I can tell that with this, I've got a lot for my money.
HOWEVER even after I say this, I must say that it's not so good at removing my eye makeup, specifically eyeliner and mascara. Even after rubbing my eyes a little with the cotton pad, which by the way, it says I shouldn't need to, I was still left with a line of eyeliner and enough mascara still on that my eyelashes were a bit solid. It took about three little rubs of my eyes to get the eyeliner off, and then another few rubs on my eyelashes alone to remove the mascara. If I'm honest, I'm not that surprised, seeing as most makeup removers that I've used struggle with this same problem. It's better than a lot of the oil based makeup removers I've used though.

Overall, however, I think this product is really great value for money. For only £4.99, you get 400ml of product, which promises 200 uses, which definitely seems reasonable to me. I mean, honestly, if you wanted an absolutely amazing micellar water, you should be prepared to pay a bit more than a fiver. So in terms of that, I'm not disappointed. If I'd paid more, then yes. You get the picture.

Have you tried this product? If so, what did you think? Can you recommend any other similar products?

Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like this is nice, although not groundbreaking. I had a l'oreal micellar water, but I found that it was doing no harm to my skin, but no good either. i.e. my cream cleanser was actually nourising my (very dry) skin but micellar water was just doing...nothingness. haha. Shame, but at least this didn't a) break your bank or b) be awful. Great review! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this product. Thanks for the review... It is a great one! xx
    Trend-Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this and I really love it! I think in terms of value for money it just amazing. Great post :)
    - C
    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Thanks for sharing.

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the L'Oreal one. To be honest I'm a bit baffled by all this micellar water, but it gets my makeup off so I'm happy! :) x

    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...