27/09/2014

TREND FOCUS: Mod



Mod is a serious trend for AW14, and I'm loving it. Mod fashion is based on the modernist culture of the late 1950s to the late 60s. And it's not something you haven't seen before. Think shift dresses. There you go! Now you get it! So how do we channel our inner mod?

When trying to dress "mod" the most important thing to focus on is colours. Mod styling mainly focuses on colour blocking and black and white. Don't be tempted into just monochrome though, because as you can see from the pictures above. bold, geometric patterns are also a massive mod yes.
Look for sleeveless tops as well, and loose jumpers. Those just SCREAM sixties, am i right? Fitted trouser are also a massive yipee. And miniskirts. And shift dresses. Don't be afraid to get them legs out girl! Sheer tights are a yes too, if you aren't into the whole leg thing.
When accessorising, go for bold, out there headbands and massive sunglasses.

These are my top high street mod picks:

So there you go - it's super easy to dress in a mod style, and also looks super amazing. But what I always say it - when in doubt, channel your inner Twiggy

What do you think of Mod?


Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks

image credits: x/x

10 comments:

  1. Love, love love this trend! The trends that come about in autumn winter are the best ones. x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this trend and style. Love your selection especially the coat! ;) xx
    Trend-Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pieces! x
    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this trend and the mod style so this season is perfect for me x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post! I LOVE the mod trend, so excited that it's in at the moment!!

    Lauren x
    www.thefashionramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything checkered these days, so that coat is the apple of my eye. Hooray for mod. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit, and your blog which is why ive nominated you for the one lovely blog award, you can find out more here http://elizabeethsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post as I am obsessed with this style!! Great inspo pics :)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite trend ever, one of the best, love it always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love those white shoes!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...