23/11/2014

Essence Silky Touch Blush in 60 - Life's A Cherry*



Essence Silky Touch blush 60 - life's a cherry*. £2 from Wilkinson's

If I'm completely honest, I've never really been much of a blush person. I never learnt how to apply it properly, so I've always been a bit scared of it. But when the lovely people at Wilkinson's sent me this blush* I thought, what better time to try it than the present!

My first impressions of this blush was that it was very orange. When it comes to makeup, I tend to be a very "natural" type girl, so I try to stick to my neutral tones. I was very taken aback by the brightness of this, hence, I put off using it for much too long. But one day, when I was feeling rather bored with how my makeup was looking, I decided to try it out, and that was the day that my life changed forever (well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but you get where I'm going)

First things first, the packaging. I'm an absolute sucker for great packaging, and I love this one. It's very simple yet effective, and doesn't feel too cheap. The pattern on the actual blush is gorgeous, contemporary circles and dots, which I love.
The actual product, I surprisingly liked, seeing as this was my first proper blush that I've used. It is VERY pigmented, so I tend to accidentally use too much and look silly. It's a thin line girls. But after a few times, I figured out the trick - just dab the brush in there once, so you only get a tiny bit of powder on the brush. You can always add more, but it's hard to remove if you've got a full face of makeup on.
It gives a gorgeous, flushed look, as if I've just been for a brisk walk in the cold winter air. I love it, because with my skin tone, you don't really get much of a range of colour (I only go slightly pink after intense exercise - lucky I guess) so it's nice to have a more contoured look. It applies really nicely, smooth and just nicely, I'm not a heavy blush user, so I don't really know the possible problems when applying blush!

I guess I am a converted blush user. I have definitely been missing out. This is great as a beginners blush, as it's only £2 from Wilkos. At this moment, I wouldn't want to be spending the big bucks on blush. I'm cheap, I know. But it's great great value, I would DEFINITELY recommend it.

Have you ever tried an Essence product? Do you have any tips for me on how to apply blush?

Eden xx
Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks




7 comments:

  1. I used to have one of their blushes a long time ago, but I'm not a fan of blushes either because of my really pale complexion. Love the color of this one tho xx :)

    Luxveritatis.| Beauty.Fashion.Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Eden, I've treid essence's polish but I haven't been a fan of them!

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got blush either but then I started using my mums and now I wear blusher every day. Strange!

    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog, its so cute! ^-^ I'm not a blush person, but maybe I'll give it a try.

    I've seen essence products around my local drugstore, but I always pass by it.

    I'll look into the brand now. :)

    Nice post! Very detailed ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, i'm with you about not learning how to apply it so i stayed away but I'll learn eventually haha

    ReplyDelete

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...