25/02/2015

making decisions


Having just come back to school from half term, beginning what could possibly be my last full term at my school, I've realised that I have quite a few decisions to make. The first, and probably most important being where I want to go for sixth form. I've known that I want to go on to sixth form and study for my A levels, so I guess I'm lucky in that sense, but some people are debating between sixth form, college and apprenticeships. It's a really hard decision, because it will ultimately affect the rest of my life. If I don't choose the right school, I might not do as well as I need to do in my A levels.

Even though I've got until results day in August to decide where I want to go, I feel like once I know, it'll take a lot of stress off of my shoulders. I've only applied to two sixth forms, my current school and the equivalent boys school. I was so content with staying, because in my eyes, there's nothing wrong with the school I'm at now, but after going to look around the other school, I'm absolutely torn. It was such a nice school, and I could definitely see myself in that uniform. So to help me make my decision, I made a 'Pros' and 'Cons' list.
Personally, I think this is one of the best ways to make a decision, because it allows you to weigh up both sides, see the good and the bad and consequently know what's the worst that could happen to you in each option. Yes, I know that's a really morbid way to think, but in all honesty, that's what I need to know. I'm very much a worrier, so as long as I know that whatever the worst thing that could happen isn't actually that bad, I'm fine.

So anyway, my list. I wrote down the good and bad points about staying at my current school and moving schools. Some of the points include:

  • Knowing the teachers - I find this so important because it means that the teachers know how I learn and so can help me accordingly
  • Knowing my way around the school - I would personally find it very stressful to learn my way around a new school. 
  • Not meeting new people - From what I'm hearing around, not many people are actually considering moving schools to come to my school, which means I won't get as much of a chance to meet new people
  • Not as good facilities as other schools - my school is really old, and a listed building, so we don't get much new stuff. 
  • New teaching style - typically, at a mainly boys school, they'll teach differently because boys learn differently to girls (I currently go to an all girls school so our learning is focused on girls)
  • And obviously, boys - I go to an all girls school, so we're very deprived of male attention. 
It's actually stressing me out so much, because as much as I want a change of atmosphere and new people, I don't want to have to deal with the stress of having to make new friends and learning my way around, and risk not liking the teaching styles. Also, I want a change, and many people from my year have already decided they're going there, so I wouldn't get as much of a change as I would hope. 

I just really don't know! I need some advice to be honest. Has anyone moved schools for sixth form, or stayed. What are your experiences, because I really need some help :(



Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...