12/07/2015

a weekend in paris






Last weekend I was lucky enough to spend a gorgeous weekend in Paris with my family, and my goodness, was it beautiful. I honestly cannot put into words what a nice time I had. We went with a kind of travel company that booked it up so we would get to do all of the highlights during the weekend as well as have some free time to do things like go up the Eiffel Tower or whatever we wanted. 







The trip began with a coach tour around the city, where we saw all of the highlights, including the Notre Dame, the Louvre and of course, the almighty Eiffel Tower. We got to stop at the Eiffel Tower so we could take some photos etc, and seriously guys, it is magnificent in person, as well as in pictures. We then went up to Versailles where we got to walk through the gardens. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, it was so sunny and warm which made the trip all the more wonderful. The gardens were beautiful and the fountains were amazing. We then returned to the hotel where we had some free time to do whatever we wanted. My family chose to go down to the river Seine and get some dinner before we had to get back and do the night tour of Paris, and see it when it was all lit up. That was absoutely breathtaking, especially the Eiffel Tower. At 11pm, we travelled up to a balcony where we were able to see the Eiffel tower sparkling, which was amazing.









On the Sunday, the day began with a trip to Monmarte, which is this gorgeous little village where the
Sacre Coeur is located. I mean, the church was beautiful bug what I really loved about this little town was the streets and the shops/markets. There was a little artist market type thing in the centre of the town where lots of French artists were selling their work, such as paintings of Paris. There were some beautiful works of art, but unfortunately they were a bit out of my price range. If not, I definitely would have bought some. After having a nice mooch about Monmarte, we bought some baguettes (which I must say, the baguettes in France were SO GOOD, I could eat them all day - I had a brie and salad one which was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten in my entire life) and then we got on the coach that dropped us off at the Arc de Triomphe. The rest of the day was free for us to do what we wanted, so we decided that instead of waiting in the queue to go up the Eiffel Tower, we would go up the Arc instead as the line was much much shorter. It was amazing!!!!! The view was breathtaking, and you could see the Eiffel Tower as well, so that was a bonus!

The rest of that day we spent shopping etc. We visited the Latin Quarter, where the Notre Dame was, and where there are loads of adorable boutiques and little tourist shops. The Shakespeare and Company bookstore was also there, and it is the CUTEST shop I have ever seen in my entire life. The inside is so old and cute, with little spaces to sit and read. It was amazing. I bought some postcards from there as well as an I Love Paris top (I'm such a tourist I know) and some shoes which were on sale for 13 euros. It was such a bargain because I've seen some similar shoes over here but they were £30!!! So I came home pretty happy. 

All in all, it was such a great trip, and I can't wait to go back. Hopefully next time I go, I can have a look round the Louvre and the Musée D'Orsay. Anyone who hasn't been to Paris, I definitely recommend it!!

Have you been to Paris? What were your highlights?


Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...