07/03/2016

bones of you by debbie howells - review


I know, I know, I haven't posted a book review - let alone any other sort of post - in ages. I've just been too busy! But something that has really caught my interest lately is this book: I just haven't been able to put it down!


I have a gardener’s inherent belief in the natural order of things. Soft‑petalled flowers that go to seed. The resolute passage of the seasons. Swallows that fly thousands of miles to follow the eternal summer.
Children who don’t die before their parents.


The book is about a gardener, Kate, who learns about the recent murder of one of her daughter's friends. Kate is surprised at the news, and becomes increasingly involved in the investigation of the murder - until she uncovers things that she wishes she didn't know. 

It  is definitely one of those books that I felt I couldn't put down. I know that's such a cliché thing to say in a book review, but it's true! At then end of every part I read, I was just dying to know more. 
One of the things that I loved about this book was that it was written both from Kate's point of view and from the point of view of Rosie, the poor girl who was killed. We can see the story unwind from Rosie's point of view, which gives brilliant foreshadowing to what is going to happen, however it was still a surprise to me when I got to the end! My jaw literally fell open, it was an ending you would never have suspected. 

It's so beautifully written as well, with imagery that just made me feel as if I was a part of the family, as if I was there with Kate as she was investigating deeper and deeper into the lives of the Andersons'. It really is fantastic. 

If you're looking for a book to keep you company during these weird months, where the weather doesn't  quite know what it's doing enough, where its raining one day and sunny the next, then I would definitely recommend this book. Especially for fans of TV shows like CSI, and Criminal Minds, and for those who loved Gone Girl, you'll definitely enjoy this one just as much!

What do you think? Is this something you think you would like to read?

Eden xx

Follow me on: bloglovin // instagram // twitter // pinterest // tumblr //  8tracks


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love a nice comments, feel free to leave one!! and leave your links, i love finding new blogs! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...